Looking for a new pumpkin pie recipe this year? Check out Chef Anthony Marino’s take on this classic Thanksgiving dish!
Pumpkin Pie Crust:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup organic amaranth flour
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cornstarch
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 large egg
- 6oz cold cubed butter
1. Place all dry ingredients in mixing bowl or plastic bag.
2. Add cold butter and work with your hands until cubes are pea sized.
3. Add the egg and continue to work into dough, add ice water one tablespoon at a time until dough completely comes together.
4. Next work dough together into a ball let dough rest refrigerated one hour before use.
5. To roll dough out for pie roll 1/8 inch thick and place in pie pan.
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon amaranth flour or sweet rice flour
- 2 lightly beaten large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated canned milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream garnish
1. Combine all ingredients for pie filling in a large mixing bowl. Beat until mixture is smooth and blended.
2. Pour filling mix into the pie crust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
4. Garnish with fresh whipped cream and more cinnamon.