MCDONALD (KDKA) – Two people were injured in a car wash explosion Sunday morning in McDonald, Washington County.
According to officials at the scene, the incident happened at the Ducky’s Car Wash in the 300-block of East O’Hara Street around 10 a.m.
The owner of the business was attempting to light a boiler, which triggered a natural gas explosion.
It was heard and felt for miles around.
“A big boom and I come flying out the door and the car wash was blown up,” said neighbor Tony Multunas.
Amy Fodse was sitting inside a Ford Explorer in one of the bays when it was pummeled by bricks and debris. Her husband was washing the car.
“Oh my gosh, I had never been through an explosion before,” she said. “But year, I was on the driver’s side and everything. It just erupted, everything started coming through my side of the vehicle. I just took off as fast as I could.”
She escaped unharmed and later found her husband.
“My husband’s face is singed,” she said. “His mustache is all singed off, his eyebrows are all singed off, his tossel cap is all burnt, you could smell it.”
The owner of the business and one patron were taken to the hospital. However, the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The fire marshal is investigating.
Stay With KDKA.com For More Details
You May Also Be Interested In These Latest News Stories
[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]
Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter