Woman’s Home Catches Fire While She Makes Christmas Present For Cat

NEW CASTLE (KDKA) – A woman escaped a fire at her house in Lawrence County.

Firefighters were called out to the house on Jackson Avenue in New Castle around 11:30 a.m.

The woman says she was cooking French fries and went into her bedroom to work on a Christmas present for one of her cats.

She lost track of time and came back to find her kitchen on fire.

She had six cats and several kittens and is not sure if any were able to make it out of the house except for one.

You May Also Be Interested In These Latest News Stories


Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

This site uses cookies, tokens, and other third party scripts to recognize visitors of our sites and services, remember your settings and privacy choices, and — depending on your settings and privacy choices — enable us and some key partners to collect information about you so that we can improve our services and deliver relevant ads.

By continuing to use our site or clicking Agree, you agree that CBS and our key partners may collect data and use cookies for personalized ads and other purposes, as described more fully in our privacy policy. You can change your settings at any time by clicking Manage Settings.