Impress your friends with this great recipe from Chef Anthony Marino at your next tailgating party!
This week on “Steelers Late Night,” Chef Anthony is making a Pittsburgh Ham BBQ Hero with Wild Rice Salad!READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Tornado Warnings Issued For Local Counties Expired; Cleanup Underway After Storms Hit
STEELERS LATE NIGHT “Late Night Tailgating Recipes”: Pittsburgh Ham BBQ Hero with Wild Rice Salad
Pittsburgh Ham BBQ Hero with Wild Rice Salad
Pittsburgh Ham BBQ Hero with wild rice salad note this sandwich feeds the masses so scale down to half the recipe for 4 portions.
- 4# Isaly’s chipped ham
- 3 large Hawaiian breads sliced and toasted
- 12 slices sharp cheddar
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes cut in half seasoned with olive oil and balsamic glaze
24oz ham BBQ glaze this is a standard glaze that can be purchased in a store. My version is as follows:
- 4oz ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons kosher salt
- 6oz BBQ sauce
- 8oz chicken broth combined and reduced 10 minutes.
Directions:READ MORE: 2 Deaths, 1 Injury Being Investigated At North Central Regional Jail In West Virginia
1. First toast bread and reserve aside.
2. Next pan sear ham to take chill off and caramelize slightly. Next add glaze and continue to sauté until fully heated another 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Next boil rice with 2 cups water and a pinch up salt.
4. Cook until rice is firm and about 80% cooked next chill and reserve.
5. Slice grapes toss lightly with olive oil add 1 cup greens and cooled rice.
6. Next season with salt and pepper and finish with Balsamic glaze.
Watch Part 1:
Watch Part 2: