PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) – After 13 years as defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau resigned his position with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
There have been a number of great players to play under LeBeau.
93.7 The Fan’s Starkey and Mueller drafted the top defensive players under LeBeau.
1. James Harrison – He authored possibly the greatest play in Super Bowl history.
2. Casey Hampton – As close to an unsung hero on that defense that there has ever been and they’ve never been able to replace him.
3. James Farrior – One of the most sound players to play under LeBeau who was the acknowledged leader of LeBeau’s defense.
4. Lawrence Timmons – This won’t be a real popular pick but I think it’s a good pick. He hasn’t played a ton yet, but has made a ton of plays.
5. Ike Taylor – One of the vintage Dick LeBeau guys.
6. Rod Woodson – Taking him from the 1995-96 LeBeau tenure.
1. Troy Polamalu – He’s one of my favorite defensive players ever to watch. He basically was allowed to do whatever he wanted. He was everywhere doing everything.
2. Joey Porter – The game I think of most is in Indy against Peyton Manning and an all-time great regular season team. They out schemed the Colts and out-physicaled them because of Joey Porter.
3. Aaron Smith – One of the best run stopping defensive ends maybe ever.
4. Ryan Clark – When you actually look at it, he was the ultimate run stopping free safety. He was the perfect compliment to Troy.
5. Brett Keisel – I’m at a total loss that I didn’t get Ike Taylor, just give me Keisel.
6. Greg Lloyd – He was the most dominant player on the 1995-96 LeBeau defense.
Are there any you would add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.