If you’re looking for a delicious dish with a kick, be sure to try out these recipes from Chef Bill Fuller!
Kaya Steak CemitasREAD MORE: Defense Rests Without Putting Sheldon Jeter On Stand, Lawyers Present Closing Arguments
- 4 ea. Soft Burger buns
- 2 ea. 8 oz. skirt steaks
- Salt and pepper
- Approx. 2 Tbs butter
- Kaya’s Black Bean Dip
- 2 ea. Avocados, sliced
- 4 ea. Big slices of fresh Oaxacan Cheese (may sub mozzarella)
- Cilantro sprigs
- 8 ea. Tomato slices
- Habanero-Pickled Red Onions
- Chipotle Aioli
1. Get grill good and hot.
2. Season steak well with salt and pepper. Grill steak to medium rare/medium. Allow to rest then slice thinly.
3. Slice buns crossways. Butter lightly and grill cut face.
4. Spread bottom with bean dip.
5. Top with avocado slices.
6. Top with steak and cheese. Place under broiler to soften cheese.
7. Top with cilantro, tomato, lettuce, and pickled onions.
8. Spread top bun with chipotle aioli and cap. Stabilize with two toothpicks and slice in half.
- 2 ea. Chipotle peppers (with a little of the liquid)
- 1-2 ea. Garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 ea. Egg yolks
- 1-2 Tbs cold water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ C. Neutral oil (Canola or Soybean)
1. Place chipotle peppers, garlic, lemon zest and juice, egg yolk, water and salt in blender barrel. Puree.
2. While pureeing, slowly drizzle in blended oil.
3. When done, store in a squeeze bottle.
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 ea. Red onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 ea. Peeled garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- About ¼ C. Cider vinegar
1. Blanch onion slices for 45 seconds, drain, rinse with cold water, drain well. Place onions in a medium-size bowl.
2. Add spices, garlic, and chili.
3. Add enough cider vinegar to barely cover. Toss well and allow to marinate for ½ hour.
Kaya’s Black Bean DipMORE NEWS: Dispute Over Ownership Of Underground Pipe On Seavey Rd. Complicates Repairs To Prevent Flash Flooding
- ½ can Chipotle peppers
- 3 Cup Cooked black beans
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ¾ Cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
1. Puree chipotle peppers with half the black beans.
2. Combine puree with remaining ingredients.
3. Place in heatproof container(s).
4. Top with grated cheese and heat in oven or microwave.