PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — After the fatal shooting of a security guard at a Homewood bar earlier this week, Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala has made a decision about the establishment’s future.

Deion Nesbitt, 24, was shot and killed Monday night at the Rendezvous Phase III bar on Hamilton Avenue.

“That place is closed. It’s going to remain closed, and we’re not going to permit them to reopen again,” said Zappala. “There’s nothing we can figure out to make it safe.”

It was almost one year ago when a man was gunned down in the same bar.

It was after that shooting last March when the bar owners agreed to implement tighter security, including installation of surveillance cameras and checking customers who enter the bar with metal-detecting wands.

But, this past Monday night, those additional security steps proved they weren’t enough.

Zappala says he’s been talking to business owners in the Homewood neighborhood in recent months, but he’s made up his mind.

Meanwhile, Kevin Gore, Nesbitt’s father, said there’s been a change in plans for his son’s wake and funeral.

Viewing will be Sunday afternoon at the Gooden and Brown Funeral Home on Brushton Avenue and the funeral service will be held Monday morning at the funeral home.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter