PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Pittsburgh Marathon and a full outbound closure of the Parkway West this weekend could create a big traffic nightmare.
PennDOT says the outbound Parkway West will be closed all weekend long – starting Friday, May 1 at 10 p.m. through Monday, May 4 at 6 a.m.READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Winter-Like Weather, Snow Flurries
Drivers will be detoured at the Green Tree exit.
Here is PennDOT’s posted westbound detour information (between Greentree and I-79):READ MORE: Bear Tranquilized, Released Back Into Woods After Being Hit By A Car
• Motorists will exit I-376 at the Greentree/Crafton (Exit 67) interchange
• Bear left to north 121 towards Crafton
• Turn left onto Mansfield Avenue (Route 3062)
• Turn left onto Noblestown Road (Route 50)
• Noblestown Road becomes East Main Street
• Turn right onto Jane Street
• Jane Street becomes Mansfield Boulevard
• Mansfield Boulevard becomes West Main Street
• Follow West Main Street to I-79
• Take the ramp to northbound I-79
• Follow northbound I-79 to I-376
• End detour
For more information on the Parkway West construction project, visit PennDOT’s website here.
Officials with PennDOT say drivers should bring extra patience and allow for plenty time when traveling in that area this weekend.MORE NEWS: Second Person On Board Plane That Crashed Near Grove City Dies