PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – If you’re headed to the Kenny Chesney concert this weekend, don’t expect to take any incredible selfies.
Among the things you can’t take into Heinz Field this weekend is a selfie stick.READ MORE: Hill District To Get New Grocery Store In Place Of Former Shop 'N Save
“The selfie sticks can obstruct other people’s views. If you have that many selfie sticks, people won’t be able to see the stage, won’t be able to see the concert, and the other thing is that it can cause harm to other concert-goers,” said Steelers Communications Coordinator Burt Lauten.
The selfie-aiding poles are banned from the stadium — and Heinz Field isn’t alone.
Disney World is the most recent theme park to ban the arm extensions on its rides. And nearby Universal even uses metal detectors to keep them off coasters. Theme parks all over the country are following suit.
So far, you can still bring your selfie stick to Kennywood.
“But absolutely not on any rides or attractions,” said Nick Paradise, Kennywood’s spokesperson. “Whether it’s hitting and bothering other guests on a ride, or you can only imagine if someone drops that from a ride that’s moving at a high rate of speed or high up in the air, the damage that could do from falling at that distance.”READ MORE: PTL Links: Jan. 27, 2022
At Heinz Field this weekend, in addition to the ban on selfie sticks, you can’t bring large bags, backpacks and diaper bags; strollers; video or audio equipment; flasks and bottles; weapons; and banners.
You can still tailgate though. The Heinz Field parking lots will open at 1 p.m. but you must exit the parking lots by 7 p.m.
The following street closures will also be in effect Saturday:
From 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. the following streets will be closed:
· Allegheny Avenue from Ridge Avenue to North Shore Drive
· Casino Drive from Sproat Way to Allegheny Avenue
· General Robinson Street from Federal Street to Art Rooney Avenue
· Martindale Street from Merchant Street to Reedsdale Street
· Mazeroski Way from Reedsdale Ave to North Shore Drive
· Merchant Street from West Ohio Street to Martindale Street
· North Shore Drive from Allegheny Avenue to Mazeroski Way
· Tony Dorsett Way from North Shore Drive to Reedsdale Avenue
The following streets will remain closed throughout the day:
· Art Rooney Avenue from Reedsdale Street to North Shore Drive
· W. General Robinson Street from Art Rooney Avenue to Tony Dorsett Way