“I will love you forever and always. My sweet sweet Colby Jack RIP.” – Allison Marks on Facebook
What a tragic story out of Virginia.
As the owner of a sweet, loving Golden Retriever myself, my heart breaks for Allison.
Her beloved Golden, 2-year-old Colby, died last Friday in a bizarre and terrible incident at a Petco grooming salon.
Now her family is in complete shock, and vowing to get justice.
According to WTVR CBS 6 in Virginia, Colby was allegedly left in a heated drying cage when a groomer had to leave for a graduation party.
Colby was rushed to a nearby veterinarian, but it was too late. WTVR CBS 6 reports his internal temperature more than an hour after his death was more than 105 degrees.
Now, the local animal control organization and Petco are investigating.
Petco released this statement to the CBS station in Virginia:
“All of us at Petco are heartbroken by Colby`s passing. The health and safety of pets is always our top priority and we take full responsibility for all animals under our care.”
Allison says she wants to press charges.
“It’s not an accident. To me, it’s not an accident. You don’t just leave a dog… I mean, did you turn it over to somebody else?” Allison told WTVR CBS 6.
She’s also hoping that by telling her heartbreaking story, that she prevents something like this from happening to other pet owners.