Tailgating can be fun at home, too! Check out these delicious recipes from Rania Harris if you plan on just staying home this Sunday and watching the game on TV!
- 3 pounds chicken drummies
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce (or more to taste)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying the wings
Blue Cheese Dip (see recipe)
- Wash the wings and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pre-heat cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- Slowly add one half of the wings to hot oil; fry until golden brown and cooked through and drain on paper towels
- While the wings are frying melt the butter in a large pan on a low heat.
- Add the hot sauce and BBQ sauce.
- Add the hot wings to the sauce. Stir to coat.
- Serve with blue cheese dip and celery sticks along with extra Frank’s Hot Sauce
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together the blue cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in the chives and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with crudités.
Yield: 1 ½ cups
Black Bean Nacho Dip
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 – 15 ounce cans black beans
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 10 ounces shredded Monterey Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 chopped ripe tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos – sliced
- Sour Cream
- Corn tortilla chips
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until softened. Sprinkle with chili powder. Cook a minute longer.
- Drain liquid from 1 can of black beans, add beans to pan. Add second can undrained. Cook down to a thickened mixture, mashing beans slightly as they cook so mixture is partly smooth, partly chunky. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- Spoon bean mixture into a decorative pie dish. Top with Monterey Pepper Jack cheese, sprinkle with cumin seeds. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and lightly browns.
- Serve immediately garnished with cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeno slices, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Watch Part 1:
Watch Part 2: