UPDATE: 5:41 p.m. on 1/12/16
The closure of the Fort Pitt Tunnel scheduled for Tuesday evening has been cancelled, according to PennDOT’s Steven Cowan. Work requiring the closure of the tunnel in each direction will continue Wednesday night, January 13.READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Will You Get Another Relief Payment?
Original story below:
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Fort Pitt Tunnels will be closed overnight in both directions for five nights next week.
Both the inbound and outbound tunnels will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Jan. 11 through Friday, Jan. 15.
Crews will continue water line installation and overhead joint removal work, which began last week.READ MORE: Pittsburgh Riot Suspect, Jordan Erdos, Sentenced To 6-12 Months In Jail
PennDOT will post the following detours:
- From eastbound I-376 (Parkway West) take the ramp to North US 19/Route 51 West End (Exit 69C)
- Follow northbound Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard)
- Exit towards Route 837
- Stay in right lane to South Route 837/East I-376
- Continue on southbound Route 837 (West Carson Street)
- Take the ramp to East I-376/North I-279 onto the Fort Pitt Bridge
- End detour
MORE NEWS: Defense Rests Without Putting Sheldon Jeter On Stand, Lawyers Present Closing Arguments
- From the Fort Pitt Bridge, traffic will take the ramp to North Route 837/Route 51 West End (Exit 69C)
- Follow Route 837 (West Carson Street) to the West End Circle
- Turn left onto southbound Route 51 towards the Airport
- Follow Route 51 to Airport/Carnegie ramp to I-376 Parkway West
- End detour