PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — For people who were born on a Leap Day, their birthday only really comes around once every four years, and a number of local companies and restaurants are offering deals to help them celebrate.
Anyone who was born on Leap Day can head to a Giant Eagle, Market District or GetGo location to get a free, five-inch petite birthday cake on Feb. 29. According to a release from the company, more than 2,300 people with Giant Eagle Advantage Cards in western Pennsylvania were born on a Leap Day.READ MORE: 25-Year-Old Man In Critical Condition After Shooting In Wilkinsburg
Other special offers:READ MORE: More At Stake Than Just New May Deadline When It Comes To Taxes
- Great American Cookies is giving a free cookie cake.
- Hard Rock Café is gifting a free entrée.
- Houlihans is presenting a free entrée PLUS an additional 28 free entrees over the next 30 days.
- Olive Garden is providing four free Dolcini desserts.
- Pizza Hut is giving a free one-topping personal pizza.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes is awarding four free cupcakes.
Giant Eagle is offering a number of other one-day offers so those who weren’t born on Leap Day can still celebrate:MORE NEWS: No Date Set For Reopening HOV Lanes On Parkway North
- 29 cent fuelperks for every $50 spent on all retailer gift cards at Giant Eagle, Market District and GetGo
- 29 cent any size brewed coffee at Giant Eagle and GetGo (see store for details)
- 29 cent per pound bananas at Giant Eagle and Market District
- $2.29 12-count mini cupcakes at Giant Eagle and Market District
- 29 health and beauty items will be buy one, get one for 29 cents at Giant Eagle and Market District