ERIE, Pa. (KDKA) — A beach in Erie, Pennsylvania has landed at the top of a list of freshwater beaches in the United States.
According to 10best.com, Presque Isle State Park is home to one of the best freshwater beaches in the country.READ MORE: On Eve Of Vaccine Deadline, Number Of Allegheny County Employees Refusing Vaccination Appears Low
The site reads that the park has “the state’s only formidable shoreline, which boasts a number of beaches.” However, it is noted that Beach 11 is the most serene, while Beach 6 is popular because of concession stands and volleyball courts.
Others who made the list:READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Rain Moves In Along With Warmer Temperatures
1. Presque Isle State Park – Erie, Penn.
2. Grand Haven State Park – Grand Haven, Mich.
3. Park Point Beach – Duluth, Minn.
4. North Beach – Racine, Wis.
5. West Beach – Indiana Dunes, Ind.
6. Oak Street Beach – Chicago
7. Huntington Beach – Cleveland
8. Bradford Beach – Milwaukee
9. Lake Michigan Beach Park – Empire, Mich.
10. Sand Point Beach – Munising, Mich.
The winners were chosen by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best.MORE NEWS: Mt. Lebanon Police, Federal Authorities Investigating School Threat Made On Social Media