ARNOLD (KDKA) — Fire consumed a landmark restaurant in Westmoreland County Wednesday afternoon.

According to emergency dispatchers, the smoky blaze broke out around 4 p.m. in the kitchen of Ida’s Place in the 1600-block of 5th Avenue in Arnold.

READ MORE: Two People Taken To The Hospital After Being Shot In Stowe Township

The flames spread through the walls to the top floor, and then through the roof. The back wall of the building eventually collapsed.

There were no reports of injuries or entrapment.

But the building was destroyed and the structure next door sustained smoke and water damage.

READ MORE: 18 Inmates Of Washington County Jail Quarantined Following Positive COVID-19 Tests

There’s no word yet on what sparked the fire.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

The restaurant has been in the community for more than 35 years.

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.

MORE NEWS: Two Firefighters Injured While Battling Duplex Fire In Lawrenceville

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter