EVANS CITY (KDKA) — Fire destroyed a one-story home in Evans City on Saturday morning.
It happened around 10:30 a.m. at a home in the 150-block of George Road near Forward Township.
According to the Butler Eagle, the homeowner noticed smoke about 15 minutes after lighting a fire in her fireplace and called 911.
Evans City Fire Chief Steve Bicehouse told the Butler Eagle the cause hasn’t been determined yet, but it looks like the fire originated near the fireplace.
The Butler Eagle reports no injuries were reported.