EVANS CITY (KDKA) — Fire destroyed a one-story home in Evans City on Saturday morning.

It happened around 10:30 a.m. at a home in the 150-block of George Road near Forward Township.

(Photo Credit: Fabio Ruberto)

(Photo Credit: Fabio Ruberto)

According to the Butler Eagle, the homeowner noticed smoke about 15 minutes after lighting a fire in her fireplace and called 911.

Evans City Fire Chief Steve Bicehouse told the Butler Eagle the cause hasn’t been determined yet, but it looks like the fire originated near the fireplace.

(Photo Credit: Fabio Ruberto)

(Photo Credit: Fabio Ruberto)

The Butler Eagle reports no injuries were reported.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter