HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) – Authorities say a 3-year-old girl has died following a Pennsylvania fire that also critically injured two others and appears to have been sparked by a recharging hoverboard.
The Lehigh County coroner’s office said Ashanti Hughes was pronounced dead at an area hospital just after 11:30 a.m. Saturday.READ MORE: COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: 40.1% Of State's Eligible Population Have Received 1st Vaccine Doses
Harrisburg officials said one victim jumped from a second-floor roof to escape the blaze, which was reported shortly before 8 p.m. Friday. Three others were rescued by ladder. A man and another occupant of the home, a teenage boy, were treated and released.
Authorities said Lt. Dennis DeVoe was heading to the scene when his vehicle was hit in an intersection. He was reported in critical condition.READ MORE: Former East Carnegie Volunteer Fire Department Chief Accused Of Theft Pleads Guilty
Officials say the hoverboard was plugged in and charging before it caught fire.Keeping Middle Seats Empty On Airplanes Can Reduce Risk Of COVID-19 Exposure By Up To 57% Says CDC Study
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)