PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — PennDOT is announcing the closure of the inbound (northbound) Liberty Bridge and Tunnel (Route 3069) for Saturday and Sunday nights, April 8-9.
The inbound Liberty Tunnel and Bridge will close to traffic from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night. One outbound lane will be maintained on the bridge and through the tunnel. Inbound traffic will be detoured at the south portal of the Liberty Tunnel.READ MORE: Winter Weather Prompts Opening Of Warming Centers
• Take Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) northbound
• Take the exit to I-376 West/US 19 South toward Carnegie/Airport/West End
• Take Exit 69A toward US 19 South/Banksville Road
• Keep left and loop back to I-376 eastbound toward Fort Pitt Tunnel
• Follow eastbound I-376 through Fort Pitt Tunnel and across the Fort Pitt Bridge
• For access to I-279 destinations follow I-279 signage, all other destinations take exit toward I-376 East/Monroeville
• Take the left exit 71A to Grant Street
• Turn left onto Grant Street
• End detour
Additional inbound closures will occur next week. A press release with details will be provided. Work includes stringer, grid deck and wing wall work.
Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com.MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Weather: Cold Temperatures On The Way