PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — On Thursday, a new lawsuit was filed against UPMC and linen supplier, Paris Companies, claiming that a seventh patient died as a result of a recent mold outbreak.

Lawyers state that Katherine Landman, 44, died on Oct. 11, 2015, after being treated at UPMC Shadyside.

READ MORE: The Health Benefits Behind De-Cluttering And Spring Cleaning

The lawsuit, filed by the Landman’s family, states that the deceased was a leukemia patient and that she developed a fungal infection that invaded her sinus cavity.

A UPMC report indicates linens cleaned and supplied by Paris Companies were covered in mold and may have led to the outbreak.

Landman is the seventh person believed to have died after contracting a infection inside a UPMC facility.

READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Long Streak Of Temperatures Below 70º Could End This Week

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

UPMC has released this statement:

“Our hospitals are safe, and our ongoing monitoring and testing show no evidence of concerning mold infections. We and the nation’s top health regulators have found no definitive cause of the previous infections, which are known to occur on occasion at hospitals in the U.S. UPMC has gone above and beyond any existing guidelines and CDC recommendations for assuring the safety of our patients in implementing strategies to prevent these infections and in reporting these infections when they are discovered.”

MORE NEWS: Homicide Trial Ordered In Young Amish Woman's Disappearance

This is a developing story, stay with KDKA and KDKA.com for more information.