Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

YOUNGWOOD BOROUGH (KDKA) – Police say a Youngwood grandmother was beaten and had her head shaved after an argument over the volume of the Pittsburgh Steelers game.

Delores M. Amorino, 40, and her daughter, Sarah M. Amorino, 17, who live in the same home as the grandmother were arraigned Wednesday.

They are charged with aggravated assault, criminal conspiracy, strangulation, terroristic threats, false imprisonment, simple assault, harassment and criminal mischief.

Troopers say the abuse lasted two days and started Sunday over an argument about the volume during the Steelers game.

According to an affidavit, the victim was unhappy with the volume on the TV after the defendants turned the volume down, so the victim locked herself in the bedroom and turned on the radio to listen to the game.

“The altercation had started when they were all watching the football game and the 77-year-old had some hearing difficulties. The other two were turning the game down so low that she couldn’t hear it, so in her frustration, she went into her bedroom and started listening on the radio,” said Trooper Stephen Limani, of Pennsylvania State Police.

The affidavit says the defendants broke the door open and the teenager hit her grandmother in the face with a red metal broom.

The victim claims the abuse continued and she was then hit with the broom in the back of her head and chest.

The grandmother says the granddaughter also shaved her head using scissors and choked her.

The teenager is also accused of tying a scarf around the victim’s neck and choking her, then pulling the grandmother by the neck saying, “come here puppy.”

“These are things you can never think about doing to anyone, let alone an elderly person, tie into the fact it’s your own grandmother. It’s very deplorable,” said Trooper Limani.

When the two women fell asleep, the grandmother was finally able to escape. She walked almost half a mile to the Youngwood Municipal Building for help.

Sarah is being charged as an adult in the case. She’s being held in the Westmoreland County Juvenile Detention Center. Her mother is in the Westmoreland County Jail.

Both women are being held on $200,000 bond.