Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

APOLLO (KDKA) — Officials have determined that space heaters caused a major fire in Armstrong County on Wednesday.

READ MORE: South Side Residents Fed Up With Violence, But Weary On New Restrictions

The fire happened at a home in the 600 block of North Sixth Street in Apollo on Wednesday afternoon.

Six fire companies were called to the scene.

READ MORE: State Police In Kittanning Searching For Arson Suspect Following Reported Domestic Incident

Handy Andy’s Space Heater Safety Guidelines —

 

No one was injured, but the house was a total house.

MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Police Investigate Shooting On Same Night South Side Traffic Pattern Began

A fire official told the Tribune-Review they believe two electric space heaters that were plugged into the same power strip or surge protector caused the fire.