RICHLAND TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Pine-Richland Middle School was closed Thursday after a gas leak late Wednesday night.
According to the fire chief, a regulator burst around 9:45 p.m. and caused the leak in a smaller brick building on the school’s property.
The leak caused a small kitchen fire in the cafeteria, but fire crews were able to quickly extinguish it.
Columbia Gas was called in to shut off service to the campus.
Early Thursday morning, Pine-Richland School District announced that the school would be closed Thursday. All other schools in the district remained open on their normal schedules.