Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

HICKORY TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — An 83-year-old man died in a house fire in Lawrence County on Saturday.

It broke out around 2:30 p.m. at a home in the 300 block of Hartzell Road in Hickory Township.

State police say neighbors and passing drivers saw flames coming from the living room window and called 911. Neighbors tried to put the fire out with extinguishers, but were unable to stop the flames from spreading.

lawrence county fatal fire Man, 83, Dies In Lawrence Co. House Fire

(Photo Credit: Joe Sobczak)

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were able to extinguish the flames and searched the house.

The found the victim — 83-year-old Robert Taylor — lying in an upstairs hallway on the floor near a bedroom. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshall ruled the fire accidental and said it was caused by electrical issues in the living room.