KDKA-TV STEM WEEK Pittsburgh, Presented by CGI
This year’s Stem Week Pittsburgh will take place September 17-23rd, 2018 featuring several events to educate and celebrate Pittsburgh leading the way into the future of STEM education and careers.
KDKA-TV, in partnership with the City of Pittsburgh founded STEM WEEK, as an annual tribute of Pittsburgh’s dedication to STEM, not only within the City, but the communities, and the organizations that operate within it and around it. The foundation of the present and future is built on Science and Technology. Now more than ever, it is important to educate and guide our society about STEM education and careers to keep us moving forward. During Stem Week, we highlight the businesses and organizations that are driving us forward with their STEM initiatives, as well as educate for future generations. Through a community campaign and panel discussion, we hear updates on what is ahead and how what’s happening in Pittsburgh is affecting the region and the world.
Through community outreach, students are introduced to STEM-related jobs through interaction with STEM professionals. Students learn how concepts and essential STEM skills apply to the work environment. In addition, Technology and Innovation giants from across the country have been setting up shop in Pittsburgh. With the number of global tech companies and local start-ups spreading across the city, Pittsburgh has undeniably developed into an “East Coast Silicon Valley.” We are the future.
– TUNE INTO KDKA-TV all week long for stories and highlights on how Pittsburgh is paving the way for STEM education and careers!
– Stem Week Pep Rally, Downtown, Market Square, September 18th 11:30am-2:00pm
– TechnoVation, Technology and Innovation Panel, Renaissance Hotel Pittsburgh September 21st 5:30pm-7:30pm
– Tech Net, Networking event, Renaissance Hotel Pittsburgh September 21st 7:30pm-9:30pm
– Williams Stem Fest, presented by Verizon, The Mall at Robinson, September 22nd 10am-5pm