Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

SOUTH SIDE (KDKA) – The Allegheny County Health Department has issued a consumer alert for a restaurant at the South Side Works.

READ MORE: Clemson Continues Domination Of Pitt In 75-48 Loss For Panthers

According to the Health Department, mouse droppings and infestations of house flies and small flies were found in various sections of BD’s Mongolian Grill.

Mouse droppings were said to be “too numerous to count” and were found all over the restaurant, including in the food prep and storage areas.

Dead mice on traps were also found in storage areas.

READ MORE: Nittany Lions Baffled By Murray Brothers, Lose 68-51 To Iowa

Swarms of flies were found in the back kitchen area, bar and dish area.

In addition to the pests, inspectors found a host of other violations pertaining to food storage, cross-contamination prevention and cleaning and sanitization.

The restaurant has issued the following statement:

MORE NEWS: Ohio Redistricting Commission Once Again Fails To Pass Legislative Maps

“BD’s Mongolian Grill takes this incident very seriously as the health and safety of our guests is our top priority. Our franchise owners are taking strict and timely action to solve the issues mentioned in the inspection and are working to ensure we consistently meet all health code requirements moving forward. Our restaurants are held to the highest standards, and we are committed to providing the Pittsburgh community with the quality foods they know and love in a safe environment.”