PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The Catholic Church has a long way to go to make things right in regard to the abuse scandal that has rocked it in recent months, and Bishop David A. Zubik is turning to prayer for the initial steps.
Bishop Zubik will lead a Holy Hour for Repentance in Saint Paul Cathedral in Oakland, at 3 p.m. on Sunday.
The service, which is not a Mass, is to express sorrow for the harm that child sexual abuse by priests has done to victims and to the faithful of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Pa. Bishops Pledge Support For Sex Abuse Survivors Compensation Program
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against 8 Catholic Dioceses In Pennsylvania
- Cardinal Wuerl: ‘Stepping Aside’ Is ‘An Essential Aspect Of Healing’
- Bishop Zubik Calls For ‘Year Of Repentance’ In Wake Of Grand Jury Report
- Bishop, Senate President Propose Clergy Abuse Compensation Fund
- More related stories