COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – Ohio Gov. John Kasich has ordered flags lowered to half-staff following a gunman’s attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue that killed 11 people.
The governor’s announcement came after Saturday’s shooting at the Tree of Life Congregation in Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill neighborhood that also injured six people, including four police officers.
- 11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue
- Shooter Yelled ‘All Jews Must Die’ As He Opened Fire At Pittsburgh Synagogue
- Synagogue Shooting Prompts Condemnation, Prayers From All Angles
- Trump: If Pittsburgh Synagogue Had Armed Guard, ‘Results Would Have Been Far Better’
- Pittsburgh-Area Blood Donation Centers Extend Hours In Response To Shooting
- Ohio Governor Orders Flags Lowered After Synagogue Shooting
- Sports Teams Standing With Pittsburgh After Synagogue Shooting: ‘We’ll Stick Together And Rally Around Them’
- Hundreds Mourn Synagogue Shooting Victims At Squirrel Hill Vigil: ‘This Is Not Something That We’re Going To Let Break Us’
- Squirrel Hill Residents In Shock, Mourning After Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
- Synagogue Shooting The Latest In The History Of Pittsburgh’s Mass Shootings
- Identities Of Those Killed, Injured In Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Starting To Be Released
- ‘An Attack On Everything That We Stand For’: Rabbi Late For Service, Misses Shooting By Mere Minutes
- ‘It Rips Your Heart Out’: Mayor Bill Peduto Reacts To Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
- ‘This Would Have Been Much Worse’: Officials Praise Law Enforcement Response To Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
- PHOTO GALLERY: 11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue
Kasich says “Our hearts are heavy for the victims of today’s hate-filled attack at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, for their families and for all who have been affected.”
The governor ordered all flags lowered at public buildings and grounds in the state to honor those who died in Pittsburgh.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)