Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Pittsburgh Public Schools will hold a moment of silence Monday morning to recognize Saturday’s shooting in Squirrel Hill’s Tree of Life Synagogue.
Superintendent Anthony Hamlet sent a message to all families and staff from the Pittsburgh Public Schools district.
The message says there will be student and employee “assistance” available “in the schools most affected by this tragedy.”
A list of resources for talking to students about the tragedy can be found at pghschools.org.
School police will work closely with City of Pittsburgh Police to ensure there is an appropriate presence throughout the district.
All District schools will begin Monday with a moment of silence and reflection.
The following schools with a bus stop at Shady and Wilkins Avenues will be rerouted to stop at Shady and Northumberland: Carlow Campus School, The Ellis School, Winchester-Thurston, Pittsburgh Colfax K-8, Faulk Laboratory School, and Shadyside Academy.
- 11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue
- Victims In Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Identified
- Shooter Yelled ‘All Jews Must Die’ As He Opened Fire At Pittsburgh Synagogue
- DA Files Criminal Homicide Charges Against Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Suspect
- ‘Just Stop The Hate’: Thousands Flock To Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall For Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Vigil
- Steelers Hold Moment Of Silence, React To Synagogue Shooting
- Penguins Cancel Halloween Themed Night, Will Hold Collection To Benefit Victims Of Synagogue Shooting
- More related stories
Additionally, the City League Football Championship game between the Pittsburgh Allderdice Dragons and the Pittsburgh Westinghouse Bulldogs has been rescheduled to Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Cupples Stadium.
Both teams will start the game with a moment of silence.