Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Pittsburgh Public Safety Department has released the names and conditions of the police officers injured in Saturday’s deadly shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue.
The officers have been identified as:
- Timothy Matson
- Daniel Mead
- Anthony Burke
- Michael Smidga
- John Persin
- Tyler Pashel
Matson suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Mead was shot in the hand.
The ages of officers Matson and Mead have not been released, but UPMC says a 55-year-old officer remains in the hospital in stable condition, and a 40-year-old male officer has been discharged.
Burke and Smidga have both been released from the hospital. Burke suffered a gunshot wound to the hand. Smidga suffered a graze wound and/or shrapnel wound to the head.
Persin and Pashel were not shot, but both went to the hospital for other injuries.
Persin was hospitalized with hearing concerns and issues. He has since been released.
Pashel suffered a knee injury. He has since been released.
- 11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue
- Victims In Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Identified
- Remembering The Victims
- Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Suspect Appears In Federal Court
- Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Targeted Jews And America’s Soul
- President Trump, First Lady To Visit Pittsburgh Tuesday Following Synagogue Shooting
- Pittsburgh Officials Thank Public For Support In Wake Of Synagogue Shooting
- Memorial Outside Pittsburgh Synagogue Grows As Community Mourns Victims
- More related stories
The officers ask for privacy while they continue to recover.