STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (KDKA/AP) – An Ohio Roman Catholic diocese has released the names of 16 priests and one seminarian who it says have been credibly accused or have admitted to sexually abusing minors.READ MORE: COVID-19 Vaccinations In Pittsburgh: Allegheny County Health Department To Begin Using Pfizer Vaccine
The Diocese of Steubenville said Wednesday most of the accusations are decades old. A spokesman said last month it would release names dating back to its formation in 1944.
- CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL LIST OF NAMES RELEASED BY THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF STEUBENVILLE
- CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL LIST OF NAMES RELEASED BY THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF YOUNGSTOWN
The release comes a day after a priest who ministered at two diocesan parishes appeared in court on sexual battery charges for a relationship with an underage girl. Charges were filed after the Rev. Henry Christopher Foxhoven told Bishop Jeffrey Montforton about the relationship Saturday.Suspected Drug Dealer From Hazelwood Facing Up To 40 Years In Prison
Montforton vowed in a statement to do everything possible to protect children.
Earlier this year, the Pennsylvania grand jury report was released, which cited 301 priests, clergy and lay teachers with credible allegations against them. There are 99 in the Diocese of Pittsburgh alone.
- CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL REPORT AND LIST OF NAMES OF PREDATOR PRIESTS
- CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL LIST OF NAMES RELEASED BY THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF PITTSBURGH
- CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL LIST OF NAMES RELEASED BY THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF GREENSBURG
Twenty priests in the Diocese of Greensburg were also in the report.MORE NEWS: Car Flips Onto Its Roof On 40th Street Bridge
(TM and © Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)