FOX CHAPEL (KDKA) — Two dogs were rescued when a garage went up in flames early Friday morning in Fox Chapel.READ MORE: Bowling Green State University Fraternity Suspended After Student Hospitalized
The fire was first reported just before 7 a.m. at a residence on Sweet Water Lane.
According to the police chief, the owner opened his garage this morning to find the structure fully engulfed in flames.
He managed to get his two dogs out of their kennels, and all three escaped the fire safely.
Officials say the fire was confined to the garage; however, it did cause some smoke damage to the house.READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Clear Skies, Sunny Sunday
“The main structure of the home is fine, it has sustained some smoke damage, and the residents will probably… not be able to live in it for a little while, but the main structure of the home is fine,” said Fox Chapel Police Chief David Laux.
No injuries were reported. But two cars in the garage are a total loss.
Crews said the high winds made it more difficult to put out the blaze.
Officials have not yet said what sparked the fire.MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Area Residents Still Receiving Chase Bank Cards They Did Not Sign Up For
Stay with KDKA for the latest details.