Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter
WEST MIFFLIN (KDKA) — The Dick’s Sporting Goods store at Century III Mall is shutting its doors for good.
A sign at the store says it will close on Saturday.
Earlier this month, a judge granted the mall’s owner approval to reject Dick’s lease to make way for redeveloping the property.
- In Confusing Day, Century III Mall Appears Sold, Then Not By Current Owner
- Century III Mall Reopened, Judge To Allow Owners To Borrow $5 Million For Repairs
- Century III Mall Deemed ‘Uninhabitable,’ Mayor Chastises Property Owner
- Officials Called To Century III Mall For Reported Water Main Break, 1 Person Injured
- Century III Mall Evicting Tenants, Comic Book Store Owner Glad To Be Gone
- More Century III Mall stories
This came after a faulty sprinkler system forced the mall to close, leaving Dick’s and J.C. Penney’s as its only tenants.
Last month, the West Mifflin Borough tax collector’s office said Century III Mall PA LLC owes $90,620 in borough taxes and $281,709 in school district taxes. The Post-Gazette reported officials said another $54,395 is owed in county taxes for 2018.
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.