Officials: Small Traces Of Carbon Monoxide Detected In 1 PatientBy Lindsay Ward

INDIANA TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Indiana Township Police say they helped evacuate the Western Pa. Adult and Teen Challenge Center Thursday night after there were reports of people getting sick.

KDKA has learned almost a dozen adults were taken to area hospitals.

READ MORE: The Health Benefits Behind De-Cluttering And Spring Cleaning

No one at the facility talked to us on camera, but we did learn from the facility’s Director of Marketing Steve Thurston that a gas-powered saw running in the basement was giving off fumes.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Our cameras were there last night just after 8 p.m. when the evacuations began.

Thurston says one man reported feeling ill and was taken to the hospital. He says small traces of carbon monoxide were found in his body.

READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Long Streak Of Temperatures Below 70º Could End This Week

Nine others in the same building were taken to area hospitals to be checked out.

Thurston provided this statement to KDKA on how those people are feeling today:

“Everyone is doing fine. The 10 adults taken to the hospital last night, just as a precaution, are now back at the center.”

MORE NEWS: Homicide Trial Ordered In Young Amish Woman's Disappearance

This facility, which is considered the Western Pennsylvania campus, is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping adults only.