PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Southbound Route 51, approaching the Elizabeth Bridge, will be closed over the weekend.
The closure will stop traffic at the ramp to northbound Route 837.READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Tornado Warnings Issued For Local Counties Expired; Cleanup Underway After Storms Hit
The work will last from Friday night at 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday morning.
Construction crews will remove a barrier and do latex overlay work.READ MORE: 2 Deaths, 1 Injury Being Investigated At North Central Regional Jail In West Virginia
All southbound Route 51 traffic will be detoured.
Here’s the detour PennDOT posted for motorists:
- From southbound Route 51, take the ramp to North Route 837 toward Clairton
- Follow Route 837 (State Street) northbound to the Clairton-Glassport Bridge
- Turn right and cross the bridge
- Turn right onto Glassport-Elizabeth Road
- Glassport-Elizabeth Road becomes Lincoln Boulevard
- Lincoln Boulevard becomes McKeesport Road
- McKeesport Road becomes North Second Avenue
- Turn left onto Market Street
- Follow straight onto the ramp back to southbound Route 51
- End detour
Northbound Route 51 traffic won’t be impacted.MORE NEWS: Westmoreland County Election Officials Ready For November
PennDOT also wants to remind drivers that the circle ramp from southbound Route 51 to northbound Route 51 remains closed for improvement work.