DAYTON, Ohio (KDKA/AP) – An ex-girlfriend of the Ohio gunman who killed nine people says he showed her a video of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting on their first date.
Adelia Johnson says in an emailed statement to The Associated Press that Connor Betts often joked about having dark thoughts. She says he told her that he had bipolar disorder and that his talk didn’t scare her because she thought it was a symptom of his mental illness.
Pittsburgh area native Nicholas Cumer was killed along with eight others in the mass shooting.
Cumer was killed when a gunman opened fire in the Oregon District in Dayton. The alleged gunman also killed his sister.
- 22 People Killed, 26 Wounded In El Paso Shooting
- At Least 9 Dead, 27 Injured In Ohio Mass Shooting
- 10th Anniversary Of Mass Shooting At Pittsburgh Gym
- Local Leaders, Organizations Comment On Mass Shootings In Ohio And Texas
- Washington High School Alumnus Among Victims Of Dayton Shooting
- President Trump Addresses Nation Following Mass Shootings, 1 Of Which Left Western Pa. Man Dead
- ‘Just Devastated’: Dayton Victim’s Former Teacher Remembers Him As Outgoing Student, Caring Volunteer
Johnson says she met Betts in a college psychology class this year and they dated for a couple of months until May.
She says she doesn’t know what would have caused him to open fire outside a strip of nightclubs in Dayton early Sunday.
(TM and © Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)