PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A man was shot near an apartment complex in the city’s Spring Hill section late Wednesday morning.

Judith White, a 32-year-old from Spring Hill, has been charged with criminal attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and violation of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The victim is fighting for his life.

The incident happened around 10:20 a.m. at III Rivers Manor on Rhine Street.

Police say White fired seven shots at the 31-year-old man. He was shot in the head and neck.

According to court documents, White told police she used a friend’s gun after she claims the victim was verbally abusing her. White said the man called her a snitch, threatened to kill her, spit on her and threw something at her. She said she began shooting “until the gun stopped working.”

Police were called to the scene by a ShotSpotter alert.

“Thanks to ShotSpotter we were able to pinpoint the scene quickly, and it was a rapidly evolving situation where Zone 1 officers quickly had this scene locked down, and then through our intelligence detectives, real-time crime center detectives and our VCU detectives were able to locate these scenes through video surveillance where we were able to get that other vehicle secured and detained the person of interest,” said Pittsburgh Police Cmdr. Victor Joseph. “It happened very quickly.”

As police investigated, they got video from housing authority and city cameras.

It quickly gave them information on a person of interest.

“We were able to identify a suspect vehicle and a person of interest,” Cmdr. Joseph said.

The criminal complaint claims White hid inside a stranger’s house. There, officers say they found the gun used in the shooting and a box of ammunition.

White is not allowed to carry a gun due to a prior felony conviction from 2015 for aggravated assault.

White gave an inappropriate gesture to news cameras as she was escorted out of Pittsburgh Police Headquarters Wednesday night. She told reporters to “mind ya business” before being transported to the Allegheny County Jail.

We know the victim is still alive, but police have no updates on his condition.

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.