UNIONTOWN (KDKA) — Emergency crews battled a fire in Fayette County Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out around noon along 301 W. Main Street in Uniontown and was later contained.
Smoke was seen pouring from the structure as firefighters used hoses to put out the six-alarm fire.
“I’m sure it was an accident,” resident Ron Romesburg said. “But we lost everything. .. I have to start all over.”
The owner told KDKA that he was heating rubber matting and installing it on a second-floor deck, and he believes that may have started the fire.
“By the time we called and they came, it was going real good,” landlord Tim Corrolla said.
Emergency officials said the building housed four apartments. Five adults and one child lived in the building.
No injuries were reported.
Officials have not yet said what sparked the fire.
RT40…W Main St, Uniontown, Fayette County… is cleared of fire units. The roadway is open. Thank you for your cooperation
— Fayette County EMA (@FCEMA911) August 26, 2019