By Ron Smiley

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — It was a wet start to the day as a warm front slid through the area.

While there will be a chance for rain throughout the day, we are really looking at this morning and just after midnight tonight for the best chance for rain.

READ MORE: Sheetz Raises Hourly Wages By $2 For All Employees Permanently, Introduces Summer Stimulus Program

You can basically look at today as a day with two real rounds of rain pushing through with a lull for most of the day. The best news, KDKA Meteorologist Ron Smiley says thanks to the timing of both fronts passing by, severe weather is not expected.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

WEATHER LINKS:
Current Conditions | School Delays & Closings | Local Radar | Weather App | Photos

READ MORE: Stacy Smith To Retire From KDKA-TV On May 30

Smiley says there is a 60 percent chance for rain today and a 40 percent chance for rain Wednesday. Most of the rain came through before 10 a.m., and on Wednesday, it will be before 7 a.m.

We could see some rain early on Labor day, but the afternoon is looking dry.

MORE NEWS: Reta Mays, Nursing Assistant Who Admitted To Killing 7 Patients At West Virginia VA Hospital To Be Sentenced

Stay up to date with the KDKA app, which you can download here.