EAST LIBERTY (KDKA) — The late Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller has been memorialized on a mural in East Liberty.
Work was completed on the project Saturday, the one-year anniversary of the rapper’s death.
- Mac Miller’s Dad Attends Celebration Of His Son’s Life At Blue Slide Playground
- Celebration Of Mac Miller At Blue Slide Playground Paying Tribute To Late Rapper
- Community Mural Project In East Liberty To Remember Mac Miller
- ‘He Was A Light’: Musician Rapsody Remembers The Impact Mac Miller Had On Her Rap Career
- Playground Now Identified As ‘Mac Miller’s Blue Slide Playground’ On Google Maps
Artist Kyle Holbrook led the community project.
“He never forgot. … always repped the city,” Holbrook said. “And I think he’s someone Pittsburghers all around the world can be proud of.”
Holbrook also mentioned Miller when they painted a mural near the same location 11 years ago.