PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The Pittsburgh Steelers are trading a 2020 first-round pick to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick.
The NFL confirms that the Dolphins are trading their defensive back Fitzpatrick for a first-round pick.READ MORE: Ohio Republicans Aim To Rename State Park After Donald Trump
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 17, 2019
— NFL (@NFL) September 17, 2019
READ MORE: Pa. Turnpike Installing Its First Solar Microgrid To Power Hempfield Twp. Facility
The Steelers are 0-2 and have just lost Ben Roethlisberger for the season due to an elbow injury.
KDKA’s Rich Walsh says on Twitter, “Steelers going all in despite losing Ben for the season.”
Steelers going all in despite losing Ben for the season https://t.co/Ps45U1YzWf
— Rich Walsh KDKA (@RichieWalsh) September 17, 2019
Bob Pompeani says this trade is something that can energize a team still reeling from the loss of their quarterback.
This is something that can energize a team…Their front office is still “all-in”.. Plus he has years of service…Now, there is no excuse for this defense to NOT be MUCH improved…so many high draft picks on that side of the ball #Steelers https://t.co/SWaSOfMKHH
— Bob Pompeani (@KDPomp) September 17, 2019MORE NEWS: Columbus Police Show Body Camera Footage Of Officer Fatally Shooting 16-Year-Old Girl
- Mason Rudolph Throws 2 TDs In Relief Of Injured Ben Roethlisberger
- Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Out For The Season With Elbow Injury
- ‘I’ll Be Ready To Roll’: Mason Rudolph Now The Starting Quarterback In Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Steelers Now 100-1 Long Shot To Win Super Bowl
- ‘Prayers Up For Ben’: Pittsburgh Steelers’ Teammates React To Ben Roethlisberger Season Ending Injury
- Should The Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Colin Kaepernick?