WHITEHALL (KDKA) – A car burst into flames in a local fire company’s parking lot.
On Sunday, the Whitehall Borough Police Department said that a group was riding in a vehicle overnight.READ MORE: Crews Spend Hours Trying To Gain Control Of Massive Scrapyard Fire On Neville Island
According to police, the car pulled over when they smelled gasoline.
The next minute, their car was engulfed in flames.READ MORE: Pine-Richland Head Football Coach Eric Kasperowicz And Entire Coaching Staff Will Not Return In Fall
Police and firefighters were called, and police say the volunteers extinguished the fire.
There were no injuries.
“When the fire siren activates, that is the universal signal for firefighters to respond to the fire station, don protective equipment, and drive the fire apparatus to the scene of an emergency,” the Facebook post reads.MORE NEWS: Johnson & Johnson Vaccine To Remain In Limbo While Officials Seek More Evidence
“But last night, the customary response cycle changed when the emergency was delivered to the fire station.”