MCKEESPORT, Pa. (KDKA) – A McKeesport home was badly damaged when a fire started on the back porch and spread to the kitchen.

Firefighters were on the scene of a house fire on the 1800 block of Evans Avenue in McKeesport around noon on Tuesday.

READ MORE: Hours-Long SWAT Situation Ends In Baldwin

Everyone who was inside the house at the time got out safely.

(Photo Credit: KDKA Photojournalist Rob Hopson)

McKeesport Fire Chief Jeffrey Tomovcsik says the fire began on the back porch. It then spread to the kitchen. The cause of the fire was not immediately released.

READ MORE: State Senate Majority Leader Kim Ward Defends Position To Block Child Sex Abuse Legislation

While there is extensive damage to the house, there were no injuries. The home is now uninhabitable.

The fire marshal is investigating.

MORE NEWS: 'We Are All Better For Knowing Him': Washington County Community Mourns Loss Of 14-Year-Old Boy

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.