PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Allegheny County Sheriff’s Department says a suspect who escaped from a state constable Monday night in downtown Pittsburgh is back in custody.

Sheriff’s deputies re-arrested 22-year-old Robert Logsdon at his girlfriend’s house in Carrick just after 12:15 a.m.

The manhunt for him lasted six hours.

(Photo Credit: Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office/Facebook)

According to the Sheriff’s Office, Logsdon was initially arrested by Bellevue Police on three bench warrants Monday evening. He was then turned over to a state constable for transport to the Allegheny County Jail.

On the way to the jail, authorities say Logsdon broke out a window in the constable’s vehicle.

Despite being handcuffed behind his back, the sheriff’s office says Logsdon maneuvered his hands to the front of his body and dove out of the shattered window.

He disappeared on Stanwix Street between Fourth and Forbes Avenues.

Sheriff’s deputies eventually tracked Logsdon to his girlfriend’s home on Linnview Avenue in Carrick.

While watching the house, sheriff’s deputies say they spotted Logsdon “peering out of a kitchen window.” They approached the home, knocked on the front door and his girlfriend, 23-year-old Shania Steinmetz, answered the door.

The deputies say Steinmetz denied several times that Logsdon was there.

However, during a search of the home, sheriff’s deputies found him hiding in a second-floor bedroom closet. They say he refused to obey the deputies, who then used a Taser to apprehend him.

He was evaluated by paramedics at the scene, then taken to the Allegheny County Jail.

Authorities say he pleaded guilty to cases in 2016, 2017 and 2019 involving charges of criminal trespass, theft by unlawful taking and resisting arrest. He was wanted on parole violation warrants.

Steinmetz was also arrested. She faces charges of hindering apprehension and disorderly conduct.

(Source: Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office)

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.