YORK, Pa. (AP) — A vehicle left running accidentally led to the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning death of a woman found in her Pennsylvania home, authorities said.

Lorraine Williams, 79, and her dog were found dead just before 5:30 p.m. Friday in the York Township residence, the York County coroner’s office said Saturday.

READ MORE: State Senators Grill Turnpike Officials On Lost Revenue, Suggest Border Tolls And Double License Plates On Vehicles

“It was apparent that a vehicle had been left accidentally running in the garage,” the coroner’s office said. The vehicle was out of gas with the key in the on position in the ignition, officials said.

READ MORE: COVID-19 Surge Drives Demand For Health Care, Creates Long Wait Times

Fire department officials reported high carbon monoxide levels in the home initially. Investigators and a deputy coroner entered the home when conditions were safe.

MORE NEWS: 'All Hands On Deck': School Districts Continue To Battle COVID-19 Among Teachers

(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)