PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend, NFL free agent Terrelle Pryor, appeared in court today.
The judge dismissed the attempted homicide charge against Shalaya Briston.READ MORE: Steelers Cornerback Joe Haden To Miss Cincinnati Bengals Game
The felony aggravated assault charge was held for court. The simple assault charge against Pryor was also held for court.
She was accused of stabbing Terrelle Pryor at the Heinz Lofts apartment complex in the North Side after an argument.
The prosecution says it was a drunken assault.
Briston’s attorney Lee Rothman says his client was acting in self-defense on the night of the stabbing.READ MORE: Disease Management Areas Expanded After Chronic Wasting Disease Detected In Jefferson County
“It’s clearly not a situation where anyone intended to kill another human being,” he said.
- Shalaya Briston To Be Released From Jail After Allegedly Stabbing NFL Free Agent Terrelle Pryor
- Heinz Lofts Looking To Evict Terrelle Pryor And Girlfriend After Stabbing
- Terrelle Pryor Makes First Public Appearance Since Allegedly Being Stabbed Twice By Girlfriend In Pittsburgh
- ‘If He Wanted To Hurt That Girl, He Would Have’: Attorney Of Terrelle Pryor Calls Girlfriend, Other Women Aggressors
- NFL Player Terrelle Pryor And Girlfriend Arrested After Stabbing At Pittsburgh Apartment Complex
The prosecution contends she tried to kill Pryor.
The eyewitness, with some conflicting testimony, accuses Pryor of beating Briston “like a dude.” She says she never saw a knife but admits to taking Pryor to the hospital as he was bleeding badly.
“Not surprised that she told a story that led itself to a self defense argument from Ms. Briston,” said Prior’s attorney Steve Colafella.MORE NEWS: Young Man Who Was Accidentally Invited To 'Grandma's' Thanksgiving As A Teen Celebrates 6th Year Of Dinner Together
“It’s her best friend, she started playing up her intoxication and blurred vision, which — she’s sticking up for her friend,”