PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Twelve county leaders in southwestern Pennsylvania are endorsing Joe Biden for president.
In a news release, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald says he and 11 county commissioners in southwestern Pennsylvania endorse Joe Biden for president.READ MORE: No One Injured In Partial Building Collapse In Arnold
Democratic commissioners from Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland Counties are part of the coalition.
Biden has also received endorsements from other local politicians like Congressman Conor Lamb.READ MORE: Pittsburgh Firefighter Lee Weber Drowns While On Family Vacation In Ohio
“These leaders know better than anyone what it takes for Democrats to win in southwestern Pennsylvania,” said Fitzgerald in a press release announcing the endorsements.
“We know we need to focus relentlessly on creating good jobs, growing our economy, investing in our students and our workers. We know that Joe Biden is the candidate who gets this and can win in southwestern Pennsylvania, and we’re all going to be working hard to make him the next President of the United States.”
The endorsements come shortly after Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar dropped out of the Democratic presidential race. Klobuchar plans to endorse Biden.MORE NEWS: Closed To Cars, Open To People: BikePGH Hosts 5th OpenStreetsPGH In Hazelwood
The full list of leaders in the coalition:
- Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald
- Armstrong County Commissioner Pat Fabian
- Beaver County Commissioner Tony Amadio
- Butler County Commissioner Kevin Boozel
- Cambria County Commissioner Tom Chernisky
- Cambria County Commissioner B.J. Smith
- Fayette County Commissioner Vince Vicites
- Greene County Commissioner Blair Zimmerman
- Indiana County Commissioner Sherene Hess
- Lawrence County Commissioner Loretta Spielvogel
- Washington County Commissioner Larry Maggi
- Westmoreland County Commissioner Gina Cerilli