BRADENTON, Fla. (KDKA) — The Pirates cleaned their spring training facility after a Florida man tested positive for coronavirus.
A sanitation team conducted the deep cleaning on Tuesday at its facility in Bradenton, according to ESPN’s Jeff Passan.READ MORE: Pennsylvania Food Banks Team Up With DoorDash To Deliver Free Meals To Seniors
The facility is in Manatee County, which is where the man who tested positive is from.
The cleaning featured a sanitizing machine to address surfaces in the team’s clubhouse, offices, press box, suites, dugouts and concession stands.
The Pirates did not conduct the cleaning because of any concerns about employees or others near the squad carrying the virus, ESPN reports.READ MORE: PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro Files Brief Saying Health Secretary Has Power To Mandate Masks In Schools
“In an effort to be as proactive as possible and perhaps in an overabundance of caution, we took advantage of our scheduled off-day to professionally sanitize and deep clean LECOM Park,” said Brian Warecki, the Pirates’ vice president of communications, in a statement to ESPN “We will continue to actively consider other efforts that we can implement to help maintain a healthy environment for our fans, players and staff.”
The team plans to have a meeting with players on Wednesday to address proper safety protocols for trying to avoid coronavirus.
RELATED STORIES:MORE NEWS: After Doctors Told Him He Had Months To Live, Man From Baldwin Is Ready To Accomplish His Next Goal
- ‘We Have Been Putting Measures In Place’: UPMC Prepping For Coronavirus, Working To Develop Their Own Testing Capabilities
- Researchers At Pitt Working To Safely And Quickly Develop COVID-19 Vaccine
- ‘It’s Important Not To Panic’: Local Doctor Talks Coronavirus Preparedness
- Local Universities Canceling Spring Study Abroad Trips Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- ‘Everyone Can Do Their Part’: Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Prepping For ‘Emerging Public Health Threat’ Of Coronavirus
- More Coronavirus Stories
There are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Pennsylvania at this time.