GREENSBURG (KDKA) — The woman accused of aiding her cousin in the fatal shooting of a New Kensington police officer took the stand in her own defense Wednesday.Peter Township Native Part Of NASA's Lucy Mission, Visiting 8 Asteroids
However, Harrington’s defense attorney say the prosecution is used witnesses who have memory and credibility issues.
During testimony on Tuesday, one witness said she saw Harrington carry her purse to the same basement where Holt went after the shooting.
A second witness testified he also saw Harrington go into the basement, but said she had a paper bag.
Lisa Harrington to take stand!
Harrington is on trial for allegedly hiding and disposing of the gun that Rahmael Holt used to murder New Ken Police officer Brian Shaw Nov,2017. pic.twitter.com/AoUYdY0yuA
— Ross Guidotti (@RossGuidotti) March 4, 2020
Both witnesses admitted they never saw Harrington with a gun.
- Convicted Cop Killer’s Mom Faces Prison Time On Hindering Apprehension Charges
- Charges Dropped Against Key Witness In Rahmael Holt Trial
- Judge Denies Bond, House Arrest For Father Of Man Convicted In Officer’s Shooting Death
- Rahmael Holt’s Cousin Charged After Witnesses Testify She May Have Hid Murder Weapon
- ‘We Are Forever Grateful For Your Judgement’: Fallen Officer Brian Shaw’s Brother Thanks Jury
- ‘I Will Never Forgive You’: Officer Shaw’s Family Gives Emotional Testimony During Sentencing Phase
- Rahmael Holt’s Cousin On Trial, Accused Of Hiding Weapon Used To Kill Officer Brian Shaw
The prosecution rested its case this morning. The defense rested its case later Wednesday afternoon.
KDKA’s Ross Guidotti reports one juror was dismissed after coming forward to say they’re “nervous” about making a decision because they live close to Harrington’s family.
During closing arguments, defense attorney Adam Gorzelsky told the panel the prosecution suffered from confirmation bias, and while the Commonwealth acted on justifiable emotion, it ignored facts they should have had. The video of Officer Shaw’s death was played. Gorzelsky also said their witnesses lacked credibility.
The jury deliberated for hours on Wednesday but could not reach a verdict.
The jury will return Thursday morning.
Holt was sentenced to death in the case in February.MORE NEWS: Money Flows To US Senate Rivals Of Former President Donald Trump’s Endorsed Candidate
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.