VERONA, Pa. (KDKA) – An employee at an Allegheny County Sheetz has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Sheetz on Hulton Road is closed for cleaning Friday after a Verona employee was diagnosed with COVID-19, our media partners at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report. The gas pumps are also being cleaned and sanitized.READ MORE: Emergency Community Meeting Held To Create Plan To Stop Gun Violence In Pittsburgh Area
“We are working with employees who may have had close contact with this employee,” manager Nick Ruffner said in a statement to the Post-Gazette.
- Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: Gov. Tom Wolf Extends Statewide School Closures Another 2 Weeks
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh Area: Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Washington Co., Western Pa.’s First
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh: Two Cases Of Coronavirus Confirmed In City Of Pittsburgh
- Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: State’s First Coronavirus-Related Death Confirmed
- Coronavirus In Beaver County: Shell To Temporarily Shut Down Construction At Cracker Plant
- Coronavirus Closures And Changes: Attractions, Businesses, And Events Canceled Or Closed In Pittsburgh, Across Western Pa.
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh: Area Restaurants Offering Takeout And Delivery Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- More Coronavirus News
“We are also following guidelines set by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. … This location will open shortly but not until we have ensured that all steps have been taken to protect our community. Your safety is our top priority and that will continue to be our first thought as we join the nation in navigating this unprecedented health crisis.”READ MORE: Person Hit, Killed By Driver Of Vehicle In Monroeville On Route 22
The store will be back open sometime Friday, company spokeswoman Jennifer Donahoe told the P-G.
As of Friday morning, there were 158 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Allegheny County.
More information on the Coronavirus pandemic:MORE NEWS: ACLU, Voter Groups Sue In Ohio Over New Legislative Maps
- CDC Coronavirus Information
- CDC Global Map of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Information
- Allegheny County Health Department Information
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.