BEAVER COUNTY (KDKA) — A nursing home in Beaver County will presume all of its patients and staff have coronavirus.
Brighton Rehabilitation and Wellness Center said on Monday in a letter that the center is moving away from counting test results and now presuming all staff and residents may be positive after talking to the Pennsylvania Department of Health.READ MORE: Reports: 16-Year-Old Girl Shot And Killed By Police In Ohio After Calling For Help, Family Says
The nursing home said it will isolate and aggressively treat those who show symptoms.
They say it will allow them to be more protective of asymptomatic staff and residents.
Workers will be wearing N95 masks and other protective equipment.
- Workers Highly Concerned, Demanding Safer Conditions And Hazard Pay After Coronavirus Outbreak At Beaver Co. Nursing Home
- Coronavirus In Beaver County: At Least 6 Nursing Home Employees Test Positive
- Coronavirus In Beaver County: 2 Nursing Home Coronavirus Patients Die, 19 People Test Positive
- Report: Twenty Residents Of Beaver County Nursing Home Test Positive For Coronavirus
- More coronavirus coverage
A union rep reported last week that at least 42 patients at the facility have tested positive for coronavirus and three have died.READ MORE: Developers Go Before City Planning Commission To Discuss First Project For Former Civic Arena Site Redevelopment
The employees’ union also says 10 workers have tested positive.
There are 450 residents at the facility and more than 300 employees.
The Beaver County coroner says at least 13 people have died from coronavirus, as of Monday at noon.
The coroner would not confirm who the victims are or where they died.
On Monday, the Pennsylvania Department of Health confirmed 96 positive cases of the virus and six deaths in the county.MORE NEWS: Demand For The COVID-19 Vaccine Slows Dramatically In The Pittsburgh Region
Last week, there were three deaths in the county.